Operational and Assessable Objectives:
Learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation using the practices and principles of SAFe and the seven core competencies of the Lean Enterprise that enable business agility.
In this four-day course, you’ll practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains (ARTs), create a DevOps culture to build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline, and empower a Lean portfolio. Leading SAFe®, taught during the first two days, gives you the foundation to teach SAFe to leaders. The next two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in your organization.
By becoming a change agent and a Certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC), you’ll gain the knowledge and skills to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation—and guide the enterprise toward success in disruptive, fast-moving markets.
- Professional services consultants
- Internal change agents, Lean- Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and technology executives, leaders, managers, and directors
- Portfolio managers and fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT managers
- Program and project managers
- Product and product line managers
- Process leads and lifecycle governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
Part 1: Leading SAFe®
- Thriving in the digital age with business agility
- Becoming a Lean-Agile leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the change
Part 2: Implementing SAFe®
- Reaching the tipping point
- Designing the implementation
- Launching an Agile Release Train
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the portfolio
- Accelerating to business agility
- Becoming an SPC
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Lead a Lean-Agile Enterprise transformation
- Implement SAFe
- Implement Lean Portfolio Management
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and coach Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains with a Solution Train
- Use the seven core competencies to achieve business agility
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue your learning journey and become enabled to train other roles in a SAFe Enterprise
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant certification exam and practice as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC):
- More than 5 years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- More than 3 years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
What the training includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all four days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
How and when to access:
- Training provided in French or English
- Face-to-face or distance learning
- Workbook and course material in English
- Materials for practical exercises
- Evaluation of the training via interactive questionnaires during the training to verify the acquisition of knowledge
- Platforms and tools used: Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Mural, Miro, Drive
Passing the Certification :
Upon completion of the training, candidates will receive a link to the SAFe Community platform and can take the exam. The first test is included in the training within 30 days. Each new test will cost $250, payable directly on the SAFe Community platform.
- Question format: Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Method: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Duration: 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score : 45/60 (75%)
- Languages offered: English
At the end of the exam, you receive your results immediately.
After passing the exam, the candidate receives their certification which is valid for 1 year. This must be renewed annually and costs $895/year.