SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management
Operational and Assessable Objectives:
Create a culture of innovation, flexibility, and speed where all people in the portfolio can effectively execute as one, unified team.
In this course, you will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
You will have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of the portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. You’ll be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
This course is designed for leaders and influencers who are responsible for the Lean Portfolio Management function.
- Executives and leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, and VPs)
- Enterprise architects
- Product managers and solution managers
- Business unit managers
- Program office personnel
- SPCs and enterprise Agile coaches
- Human resources
- Epic Owners
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of LPM
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Implement Lean budgeting and guardrails
- Establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with APMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe® or SAFe® PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
What the training includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam (upon GA)
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform (upon GA)
- One certification exam attempt (upon GA)
How and when to access:
- Training provided in French or English
- Face-to-face or distance learning
- Workbook and course material in English
- Materials for practical exercises
- Evaluation of the training via interactive questionnaires during the training to verify the acquisition of knowledge
- Platforms and tools used: Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Mural, Miro, Drive
Passing the Certification :
At the end of the training, the candidates will receive a link to the SAFe Community platform and will be able to take the exam. The first test is included in the training within 30 days. Each new test will cost $50, payable directly on the SAFe Community platform.
- Format of the exam: Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Method: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Duration: 1,5 hour (90 minutes)
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 32/45 (71%)
- Language: Exam in English
At the end of the exam, you receive your results immediately.
After passing the exam, the candidate receives their certification which is valid for 1 year. This must be renewed annually and costs $295/year.